156 Coach Road, Sleights
near Whitby, North Yorkshire
Tel: 01947 810534
Ryedale House is an old Yorkshire home of charm and character at the foot of the moors in the 'Heartbeat' country of North York Moors National Park, 3.5 miles south of historic Whitby.
Here you are assured of a friendly, relaxing and homely atmosphere in a non-smoking environment with every care taken to ensure you have a comfortable and memorable stay.
Relax in the guest sitting-room with free-view television, maps and guidebooks; enjoy the pretty dining room (separate tables) with panoramic views; the sun terrace; wander through the landscaped gardens - plants for sale. Sun lounge, garden seating areas.
Walking leaflets are available, also driving tours or walking itineraries arranged. Suggestions can be given for evenings out.
- Exclusively for non-smoking guests.
- Extensive breakfast menu, including vegetarian and made using local produce, including home-made marmalades and jams.
- Commended for comfort, food and service.
- Long established reputation for caring for guests.
- Parking for 3 cars.
- Fish café 50yds.
- Excellent Inn/restaurant 250yds.
- Licensed restaurant 300yds.
- Regret no wheelchair access.
- Regret pets or children cannot be accommodated.
Our guest rooms on the first floor are individually styled and of high standard with private facilities; Freeview television and clock-radio, hospitality trays, shaver sockets and bedside lamps.
double glazing; central heating in cooler months.
WELCOME TO THE NORTH YORKSHIRE MOORS AND COAST
Ryedale House in Sleights lies at the foot of the Moors in the Esk Valley, an ideal centre for visiting the North York Moors National Park and Heritage Coast; stunning scenery, picturesque villages, glorious coastline, friendly locals.
The North York Moors, Yorkshire Dales and North Yorkshire's picturesque coastline can be enjoyed on foot or by scenic drives. There are two scenic railways just minutes away including the wonderful North York Moors Steam Railway.
The area is also rich in museums and National Trust properties, ancient abbeys and castles. The historic city of York is a scenic 50 minute drive away.
The once great whaling port of Whitby is still a busy harbour town overlooked by the 1,000yr old ruined Abbey. With old narrow streets, quaint yards, modern yacht marina and events through the year it's a great destination. You can follow the Captain Cook Trail past sandy beaches and Cleveland way trails along magnificent cliffs, passing old fishing villages reminiscent of Cornwall.
1. Double bedroom (ensuite shower/wc - TV
now wall mounted, tea and coffee facilities)
2. Larger Double bedroom (ensuite shower/wc, TV, tea and coffee facilities)
Guests are welcome to make use of the shared lounge, with TV and comfortable sofa and arm chairs.
- Orange juice
- 5+ cereals and porridge
- Yoghurt and tinned or fresh fruit
- English and vegetarian cooked breakfasts
- Boiled or scrambled eggs or mixed beans on toast
- White or wholemeal toast
- Butter of vegetable spread
- Home-made marmalade and jams
- Coffee or choice of teas